Mary, wife and mother of 3 children, uses an eclectic and an educational approach in her counseling. She treats individuals (children, adolescents, and adults) as well as couples and families.
She has an active outpatient practice but also will treat patients on an inpatient basis when hospitalization is necessary.
Her techniques are centralized through biblical truths in order for her patients to glean insight into their lives. Mary uses specific scriptures to confront life's problems. She recommends different books in order to educate her clientele as well as written assignments.
She approaches the patient's issues with dignity, respect, and compassion. Entering therapy with her is an exciting, insightful journey to find true meaning in one's life.
Through the process of cognitive reprogramming, her patients learn new thought patterns to approach difficulties in their lives. They can learn “the truth and the truth will set them free” as they discover a renewed joy in their lives.
- Licensed Professional Counselor – licensed October 1985.
- Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist – licensed May 1992.
- Professional Certification, State of Texas – certified 1982, lifetime certificate.
Professional memberships and organizations
- Christian Counselors of Texas
- American Association of Christian Counselors
- American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- Texas Association for Marriage and Family Therapy
- American Psychotherapy Association
- American Counseling Association